Everybody knows, that some foods can help to lose weight and get your body in shape. These product have a so-called negative caloric value, which helps to burn body fat reserves. Negative caloric value is a conditional property. Each of these products has its own nutritional value, but not all of them are low in calories. These foods have a special molecular structure. For their processing the body expends more energy than it takes, which leads to fat burning.
American nutritionists have made a list of best fat burning foods, which accelerate metabolic processes in the human body and saturate it with all necessary materials. The list includes products with negative calorie content, foods that can reduce the amount of digestible calories, and foods, that speed up the metabolism.
Top 15 best fat burning foods:
- cruciferous vegetables;
- dairy products;
- black and green coffee;
- mate and green tea;
- whole grain bread.
Each of these foods has its own features that help people to lose excess weight without starving and keep the body in a good shape.
- Ginger. The medical properties of ginger have been known since ancient time. Ginger rhizome helps to increase the metabolism. It accelerates the human circulatory system, causing the body to produce more energy. That is why ginger is a component of many tonic beverages.
The principle of ginger fat burning action is in its composition. Essential oils help to fight against the imbalance of intestinal functions, digest food faster, interrupt the absorption of cholesterol and reduce its overall level in the blood.
Ginger is used more often in the form of tea. Just infuse its fresh root in hot water with lemon and honey! This drink is useful for the organism in general and has a very pleasant taste.
- Cinnamon is a spice, which promotes weight loss. The first country, which used cinnamon as a medicinal food, was ancient China.
The main advantage of cinnamon – reduction of the level of glucose in the blood. Glucose, like other simple sugars, is a source of energy and can be deposited in the body causing weight gain. But you can easily replace sugar with cinnamon. This spice helps people with slow metabolism to burn fat and activate their brain activity. In addition, one teaspoon of cinnamon can meet the daily requirement of manganese and calcium. Cinnamon is most effective and tasty to consume with boiled water, lemon and honey.
- Cruciferous vegetables: radishes, lettuce, cauliflower, savoy cabbage, broccoli, peas, celery and etc.
These vegetables are rich in fiber. To digest such a rough food our body needs much time. However, their energy value is not too high. The composition includes only complex carbohydrates and proteins. The body spends more calories than takes while their processing. Feeling of satiety is long due to time-consuming digestion of these foods.
Caloric content of cruciferous vegetables depends on the method of their preparation.
- Low-fat dairy products is a source of calcium. You can consume low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, sour milk and sugar free yogurt in a daily basis. Cottage cheese can be used in a variety of diets due to its number of useful properties. It also perfectly blends with other foods.
- Pineapple is a delicious fat burning food. Nutritionists have discovered the beneficial properties of pineapple years ago. Enzyme bromelain, contained in the pineapple, is particularly effective with dairy products, beans and seafood.
Bromelain reduces the feeling of hunger. Besides, the structure of pineapple fibers is quite rough. It creates additional work for the stomach while digestion. Pineapple promotes a long-term feeling of satiety and supports metabolism.
- Avocado contains omega-9 fatty acids necessary for the proper operation of the whole organism. Avocado accelerates the transformation of fat into energy and increases the metabolic rate.
- Coconut is rich in elements which increase hepatic metabolism by 30 percent. Furthermore, it can help you to maintain a sense of satiety for a long time. Coconut oil, milk and sugar free flour improve the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Lemon is also in the list of the best fat burning foods. Lemons help to cleanse the liver, which directly impact on weight loss, as the liver is one of the organs responsible for processing and burning of fat.
- Grapefruit is a very useful fat burning citrus. It contains a lot of vitamin C. Ascorbic acid improves the efficiency of the muscles work. Withal, grapefruit, like pineapple, splits the fat and improves metabolism.
Eating only 150 grams of grapefruit a day may significantly contribute to your weight loss.
- Garlic is included in many diets due to two factors. Firstly, garlic, as a seasoning, helps to diversify dietary menu. Secondly, it has excellent anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory functions. The immune system of the body weakens during the compliance of special dietary restrictions. That is why garlic is effective as a supplement to support various diets.
- Tomatoes contain vitamin C and phytochemical lycopene and stimulate production of l-carnitine amino acid. According to studies, carnitine helps significantly accelerate fat burning.
- Mate and green tea are natural antioxidants. These drinks are considered to be major help during the low-calorie diet.
Mate is completely harmless for the body and has a perfect choleretic and toning properties. As well, both green tea and mate are antioxidants, which maintain the skin, hair and overall body tone in a good stat.
- Black and green coffee. Black coffee is rich in caffeine and increases metabolism. The unroasted (green) coffee beans contain a lot less caffeine, but include a lot of chlorogenic acid, which helps to control appetite and thus lose weight.
Coffee, as well as green tea, is a powerful antioxidant. Its consumption helps to reduce weight and tone up the body. Garlic should be excluded from the diet while using coffee! Likewise, these two products together exert a very high load on the heart muscle.
- Honey helps to loss extra kilos. Dietary experts advise to replace sugar with honey. Firstly, it is less harmful to health. Secondly, honey contains only glucose and various vitamins and minerals. It accelerates the metabolic processes in the body and contributes to the rapid recovery.
You should eat honey in small quantities – only a couple of teaspoons per day in the absence of other sugar-containing foods in the diet. The drinks, based on honey, cinnamon, lemon or ginger, are effective means for maintaining of good physical form and metabolic processes in the body.
- Whole grain bread is the basis of nutrition. The digestive fiber together with high nutritional value of seeds makes this food irreplaceable for weight loss. Moreover, whole wheat bread has a low glycemic index. It is excellent for sandwiches and as an additional source of slow carbohydrates.
The list of fat burning foods is not limited by these products. There is a huge amount of vegetables, fruits and spices, which contribute to weight loss. However, this list is the basis for nutritionists. The combination of its components can be often found in all kinds of diets. It is necessary to be aware of some restrictions that exist for the consumption of each food. If you will use them correctly, in accordance with nutritionists’ advice – the benefits from the consumption of these foods will be very noticeable. Do not forget that a comprehensive weight loss involves not only proper diet but also regular exercises. Get a body of your dream combining a diet with some exercises!