Benefits of Bulgarian Split Squats
The Bulgarian split squat exercise is a 1-legged squat with the rear foot placed on a bench, box or similar. This exercise may be hard to perform but you will love the results for sure. Bulgarian split squats will work out your hamstrings, quads, and butt. Moreover, this exercise improves the balance, hip stability and lower back/pelvic function. By building muscles, you will burn extra calories faster. It’s the best exercise to lift your butt. So be sure you will not remain without men’s attention.
Bulgarian split squats strengthen your backside and abs as well. It is important to remember that Bulgarian split squats are safe and if you do the exercise properly you will forget about knee or back pain.
Regular performance of this exercise will make your butt and legs stronger and healthier. Be careful – men will not let you pass by!
How to Do Bulgarian Split Squats
- The starting position: stand straight in front of a flat bench with your back facing the bench. Your feet should be shoulder width apart from each other;
- Bend your knees, then move one foot back so that it will rest on the bench. The other foot should be stationary in front of you;
- As you inhale, slowly lower your leg until your thigh is parallel to the floor;
- Lower your leg back to the starting position as you exhale;
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions;
- Switch your legs and repeat the movement.
How many Bulgarian Split Squats should I do per day?
Do as many Bulgarian split squats as needed to get you tired or according to your workout routine or workout plan. In general, the first visible result is achieved after two-three weeks of doing not less than 30 Bulgarian split squats for each leg three-four times a week.