Benefits of Calf Raises
Calf raise is an excellent exercise to train leg muscles. The development of these muscles helps to form a proportional figure and strengthens the ankle. Women like to wear skirts and tight pants, so workouts for legs are extremely important. Rounded, sportive, and slim calves – are the key component of beautiful legs. The main active muscles, which are involved in calf raises are tibialis posterior, the gastrocnemius, and soleus muscles. In addition, many other small calf and foot muscles are strengthened during this exercise.
You need to have a step to perform calf raises. Step height should be 5 or more centimeters, so you can lower the heel and do the exercise with good amplitude. Nearby, you should have a support issue to keep your balance. You can also perform calf raises standing on a flat surface – in case you can’t find a suitable step. This exercise is great for warming up of calf muscles before the main workout. Do calf raises regularly, make your legs beautiful – and men will not be able to take their eyes off you!
How to Do Calf Raises
- The initial position: stand on the step, put the pads of your feet on the platform so that the heels would be placed behind its edge and descend and ascend freely at the highest possible amplitude. Keep the toes of both feet separated (a little bit to the sides or parallel to each other).;
- Your legs and body straightened. Heels, hips, and shoulders are in the same vertical plane;
- Slowly lower on balls of your feet until you feel that the Achilles tendon and calf muscles are stretched to the maximum;
- Take a deep breath and, holding your breath, tighten your calves and raise your body on the balls of your feet as high as possible;
- Hold for 1-2 seconds at the top point and try to strain your calves as hard as possible;
- Go down slowly to the initial position on the exhale.
How many Calf Raises should I do per day?
Your legs will become stronger and you will achieve visible results if you perform 6-12 reps in 3-4 sets every other day for 2-3 weeks.
Calf Raises Workout Routines
Strong legs are sexy, sexy legs attract attention and thanks to this routine you will wear a bikini all summer long to show off your stems! Better yet, these multi-muscle moves also engage your glutes and abs so you can get a complete bikini body in minimum time. These fifteen exercises offer body benefits for […]