This HIIT workout routine is very beneficial for those who want to lose weight. These exercises work out your buttocks, stomach, and legs. This 6-minute workout routine will lift your buttocks and belly, and shape up your legs. It is comprised of 6 universal HIIT exercises to engage all your body in work. There are many benefits of such exercises.
For example, you burn more fat; you build a healthier heart; you need no equipment; you lose weight, not muscles; you increase your metabolism; you can do these exercises everywhere. Don’t you think that it’s high time to do this HIIT workout routine right now? Whether you can perform these exercises depends on the initial state of your physical form. Do not be discouraged if you cannot perform certain exercises, you will perform them later. Be sure that these exercises help you to be toned and healthy in no time.
Cardio Workout Routine
1. Knee Cross Crunches
Muscles engaged: abs, obliques
Want to work your abs but don’t have enough floor space? This exercise is excellent for you!
- Starting position – stand with your shoulders in line with your hips, and extend your right arm up and your left leg to the side, toes pointed;
- Next, lower your right elbow and raise your left knee, crunching them together on a diagonal line. Return to the starting position. Do these movements for 15 seconds. Switch legs.
2. Leg Lifts
Muscles engaged: quads, hamstrings, obliques
- Starting position – stand with feet together and your hands on your waist, you may use a chair, which you may hold onto as a support;
- Keeping your leg straight, raise it as far out to the side as possible, and lower it back down;
- Repeat this movement for the recommended amount of reps. Switch legs.
3. Bicycle Crunches
Muscles engaged: abs, deltoids, quads
- Lie down on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. For this exercise, you will need to put your hands beside your head. Be careful however to not strain the neck as you perform it. Now lift your shoulders into the crunch position;
- Bring knees up to where they are perpendicular to the floor, with your lower legs parallel to the floor;
- Now slowly proceed to a cycle pedal movements kicking forward with the right leg and simultaneously lifting your torso. When your elbows are pulled to your knee, you should breathe out;
- Go back to the initial position as you breathe in;
- Repeat these movements for 30 seconds.
Muscles engaged: lower abs, inner thighs
- Lay down on a mat and raise both feet off the ground;
- With your hands on either side of you on the floor for support, straighten each leg, both legs lifted in the air at about a 45-degree angle;
- Now start moving your legs in a scissorlike motion crossing left leg in front of right;
- Each time your legs cut to the inside you should breathe out while quickly breathing in when your legs move away from each other.
5. Jumping Jacks
Muscles engaged: quads, calves, hamstrings, glutes
Elevate your heart rate in no time with this classic move. 10 minutes of jumping jacks can burn close to 100 calories!
- Starting position – stand upright with your legs slightly apart, knees slightly bent and your arms at your sides;
- With a little jump widen your legs and at the same time quickly bring hands over your head until they almost touch. During the movement the arms should be slightly bent;
- Go back quickly to the starting position and repeat the movement for 30 seconds.
Pay attention to perform the movement while remaining resting on your toes to take the weight of the body off the calves
6. Squat Jumps
Muscles engaged: glutes, hamstrings
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart and lower into a squat position by bending the knees. Keep the spine straight, chest lifted, and knees behind the toes. Arms are in front of the chest for balance;
- Jump straight up and swing arms overhead. Return to squat.
This Hiit workout routine is extremely beneficial if your dream is to get rid of fat. Your buttocks, legs, and belly will be sexy, beautiful and lifted; you have to do these cardio workouts regularly!
This workout routine requires only 6 minutes and be sure you will achieve fantastic results. You don’t need much space or any bulky equipment when doing these exercises, you may perform them right at home. Be happy with happy body.