Chicken takes up an integral part in our daily menu, both on celebrations and on ordinary days. It is chicken that usually welcomes us in the culinary world, because one should do his best to cook chicken unpalatable. Nowadays markets offer us to buy a whole chicken, fresh, chilled or frozen. We can cook it in one piece or in 8 parts: 2 breast halves, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks and 2 wings. Spine and neck will do just fine for a chicken soup. Buying a whole chicken, instead of individual parts, is often more economical. Though we can always buy its individual parts.
Whatever dish you want to prepare, it’s good to know the cooking temperature for each part:
- For a whole stuffed chicken it is 74°C or 165°F.
- For a whole chicken without filling it is 82°C or 179°F.
- For breast halves it is 82°C or 179°F.
- For thighs it is 76°C or 169°F
For every dish chicken should be cooked completely. When “resting”, its temperature doesn’t rise, as with beef or mutton.
We hope your chicken dishes will be diverse, interesting and tasty!
Healthy Chicken Recipes
Serves: 4. Calories: 194.
1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 teasp. olive oil
4 chicken breast fillets
½ teasp salt
¼ teasp ground black pepper
500 g cherry tomatoes
2 teasp olive oil
2 tbsp parsley
1 teasp grated lemon rind
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp capers
1/8 teasp salt
1/8 teasp ground black pepper
- Wash chicken breasts and let them dry. If they are too big – cut them for 2-4 pieces, so that they impregnate with pickles well.
- Mix together first four ingredients for chicken. Put the chicken into the marinade, stir and close with cover. Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. You can also pickle the chicken in the oven bag. From time to time turn the breasts over.
- In 30 minutes salt and pepper the chicken and put it out on the backing tray.
- Heat the oven to 250°C and out the chicken inside. In 20 minutes turn the breasts over to bake from the other side.
- To prepare tomatoes, mix them with 2 teasp of olive oil. Add tomatoes to chicken 15 minutes before the baking is over.
- Mix parsley and other ingredients together. Spread this sauce over your baked chicken with cherry tomatoes.
Serves: 4. Calories: 275.
2 tbsp flour
200 g chicken
120 g sour cream
30 ml vegetable oil
200 g of greenery
- Bake the chicken and leave it in its broth.
- Peal the onion and carrot, slice and brown (with vegetable oil).
- Using veggie oil fry the flour in the deep stewing pan, add sour cream, 1 l of chicken broth and boil.
- Add browned onion and carrot, boil for 3-5 minutes, and then add minced greenery, salt, pepper, spices. Boil for 5-7 more minutes.
- To serve, slice the chicken, put every morsel on the plate and pour the soup.
Serves: 5. Calories: 523.
1 kg chicken
400 g of pickled pea
1 glass of sour cream
2 bay leaves
- Chop the chicken into the portions, salt and fry using vegetable oil. Put everything away into the pot.
- Grate carrots and soak in oil where you fried chicken.
- Put chicken back to the pan. Add pea, sour cream, bay leaves, salt. Stew in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
As a result you will have a delicious, diet and tender chicken. You can serve it with baked potato.
Serves: 6. Calories: 630.
1 kg chicken
100 g butter
200 ml white dry wine
200 g rice
Ground black pepper (spices)
- Separate the meat from the bones. Chop and cut the meat. Mince 1 onion.
- Put the bones, celery, carrot and a whole onion into the pot. Add 1.5 litres of water, salt pepper and bring to boil. Boil for 30 minutes on a slow heat. Filter the broth, and pour 500 ml into the clean pot. Put it on the heat and warm, so it boils slowly.
- Melt 65 g of butter in another pot, add onion and chicken. Boil and stir slowly for 10 minutes, until the chicken is golden-brown. Add salt, pepper and wine. Cook for 12-15 more minutes, until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Add rice and boil for 2 minutes, constantly stirring, until the rice is light. Add the broth to cover the rice completely and cook until the liquid is completely absorbed. Ass more broth, continue to cook, stirring. Don’t add broth until the previous portion is completely and utterly absorbed.
- When the broth is gone and risotto is almost ready (it will take about 20 minutes), take the pot away from the heat and add the rest of the butter and grated parmesan.
- Close, wait for 5-7 minutes and serve.
250 g cepe
3 garlic sprockets
1 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp butter
½ glass white wine
3.5 glass milk
¼ glass wheat flour
2 teasp granular thyme
12 pieces of lasagna dough
¾ glass of grated parmesan
1.5 glass Gruyere cheese
- Slice the mushrooms, mince the onion and garlic, brown everything with salt (1/4 teasp) and black pepper (1/8 teasp) for 4 minutes in olive oil in a heavy 4-litres pot. Then add wine and stew for 2 minutes. Take the pot off the fore and put the mushrooms with onion into the bowl.
- Fry the chicken. Remove the skin. Separate the meat from the bones. Mince the meat and mix with mushrooms and onion.
- Pour milk into the average sized pot and bring to boil.
- Melt the butter in 4-litres pot, add flour and brown for 3 minutes. Slowly pour the hot milk into the flour, stir constantly. Add thyme, salt (3/4 teasp), pepper (1/2 teasp) and cook, stirring every now and then, until it is solid (5-6 minutes). After removing from the heat, pour 1 glass of sauce into another vessel.
- Add parmesan into the pot with milk sauce, mix. Add mushrooms and onion, stir.
- Pour ½ glass of milk-flour mix onto the square baking tray (16×16 cm). Cover with 3 pieces of ready-made lasagna dough. Then spread 1/3 of mushroom filling, add ¼ of Gruyere cheese.
- Repeat the step 6 two more times.
- Cover everything with 3 pieces of dough left, pour the rest of the sauce and Gruyere cheese.
- Cover the baking tray with foil in such a way, so that it won’t touch the top of the lasagna. Heat the oven to 210°C.
- In 30 minutes remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes, until the top is goldish.
- Cool it down a little (for about 10 minutes) before serving.