Looking forward to your lunch but hesitate how to make it healthy and tasty at the same time? This article is exactly what you need. We have collected a few simple and healthy lunch ideas, that will not ruin your figure!
1. Spicy Asian salad with chicken
It takes 5 minutes to cook this salad. It has no gluten, sugar or dairy.
Ingredients (4 serves):
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 Jalapeno pepper
1 grilled chicken
4 tsp soy sauce
Slice the veggies and chicken. Mix everything together.
2. Ratatouille with egg
Ingredients (6 serves):
2 vegetable marrows
1 green pepper
1 bay leaf
1 rosemary twig
1 thyme twig
6 tbsp olive oil
- Dice the vegetable marrows, celery, and pepper.
- Slice tomatoes and mince eschalot.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in the big pan, add the eschalot, bay leaf, rosemary twig, thyme twig, salt and pepper. Roast for 1 minute. Add celery, pepper and vegetable marrow. Mix everything, close with pan cover and roast 4 minutes.
- Put the veggies into the bowl. Remove bay leaf, rosemary and thyme.
- Heat the pan again, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and tomato slices. Salt.
- Cook tomatoes until they start to shred. Add veggies to tomatoes, mix thoroughly and cook for minute or two.
- Break 6 eggs on the top of the ratatouille. Try to spread them evenly over the top without breaking the yolks. Cover the pan and roast until eggs will not be soft-boiled.
- Serve your dish as soon as possible.
3. Californian chicken sandwich
3.5 cups of boiled and diced chicken (about 1 kg of chicken breasts without skin and bones)
1 cup of diced celery (about 3 stems)
2/3 cup of chopped pecan
½ cup of dry and chopped cranberry
2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
2/3 cup of homemade (!) mayonnaise
¼ cup of apple juice
2 tbsp of honey
2 tsp of apple vinegar
1 tsp of mustard
1 tbsp of poppy seeds
- Take a big bowl. Mix chicken, nuts, celery, cranberry and parmesan.
- In another bowl mix all the seasoning ingredients and add it to the bowl with chicken.
- Spread this mix over the slice of bread, crescent roll or flatbread. Keep it in the freezer.
4. Burrito in your plate
1 cup of rice
1 cup of salsa sauce
3 cup of romaine lettuce
1 can of tin corn
1 can of black haricot
2 diced tomatoes
1 peeled, diced avocados
2 tbsp of coriander root
1 cup of sour cream
1 head of garlic (squeezed)
¼ tsp of salt
- Cook a sauce, mix sour cream, garlic, lime juice and salt.
- Pour 1.5 cup of water into the deep stewing pan, cook the rice, cool it down, and mix it with salsa.
- Mix everything together. Add romaine lettuce, corn, haricot, tomatoes, avocado, and coriander.
5. Mushrooms with millet
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 minced eschalot
2 cups of any diced mushrooms you like
1 tbsp of soy sauce
2 minced heads of garlic
2 tbsp of sweet rice wine
1 cup of cooked millet
1 cup of cooked and diced tofu
¼ cup of herbs
- Heat a big pan. Add oil. When it is hot, add eschalot and fry for a minute. Add mushrooms, mix together. Mix it with soy sauce and cook until mushrooms start to soften. Stir. (5-8 minutes).
- Add garlic and sweet wine, scraping off everything that might stick to the bottom of the pan. Mushrooms should already be soft.
- Add millet, some honey, tofu, and stir.
- Take the pan away from the heat, add herbs. You can pour more soy sauce.
6. Tomato soup
Ingredients (2 serves):
5-6 big tomatoes
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of ground black pepper
4-5 minced heads of garlic
½ cup of warm water
Sugar and salt
- Heat the oven to 180°C
- Scald tomatoes with water
- Dice them and put onto a baking tray.
- Add minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with olive oil. Bake it 25-30 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool down.
- Put tomatoes, garlic and juice from the baking tray into the blender.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add warm water and blend everything till the consistency of souce. Put it into the bowl.
- Season your dish with mint, cilantro, cheese or cream.
- You can serve it both, hot and cold.