In case you have recently started your journey towards a flat belly, we represent you a practice-theoretical article on how to get rid of belly fat – the most disturbing problem for men and women. After reading this article you will know how to lose this unwilling belly fat, that bothers us in everyday life.
Every woman wants to be charming and beautiful, wants to emphasize dignity and hide lacks of a figure. But in the summer season, it becomes very difficult to hide excess kilograms on the body. Looking at bright showcases full of ultrafashionable bikinis, many girls get upset, realizing that this is not for their shapes.
Today there are a lot of methods that could help to get to burn belly fat. Of course, you can resort to a modern surgery, but there are plenty of sparing techniques that will make you happy and satisfied.
The main thing is a desire to be slim and healthy. And of course, you should believe in yourself. Almost every woman wants to be harmonious and confident in her beauty. She wants to win man’s hearts. She wants to be happy.
How to Lose Belly Fat. The Causes of Belly Fat Accumulation
Of course, most of us thought about getting rid of belly fat. In fact, nowadays this problem is getting more and more popular. The most offensive thing is that first of all fat accumulates in the abdomen and hips because these are the most convenient and suitable for its storage places.
Funny or not – but it is true. Why not growing if all conditions are created? Let us imagine an average working-age person with an average income, having a wife, an apartment and a car. His day often looks like this:
- a cup of coffee with sandwiches in the morning;
- an elevator down to the parking lot / car, the way to work, traffic jams, stress;
- a lunch break in the nearest coffee shop or a takeaway food – usually high-calorie, sweet food;
- the way back home;
- a rest at the TV or a computer, or just lying on the couch;
- weekends with sleep till noon, spare time, parties, alcohol and regular snacking.
Are these conditions good for a big belly? Well, they are perfect!
From a scientific point of view, fat can be of two kinds:
- subcutaneous – superficial fat, that lies beneath the skin. It is soft fat that can be touched. Most often it occurs in the lower part of the body, creating the effect of a pear shape. 80-85% of this fat locates around the belly;
- visceral – fat, that lies very deeply in the internal organs (heart, lungs, liver, etc.), and is out of reach. This fat causes many serious diseases such as diabetes, stroke, atherosclerosis or high blood pressure, pre-cancerous polyps in the colon or heart diseases (ischemia / stenocardia). It is not a complete list of diseases that can be provoked by visceral fat in the abdomen. There is about 10-15% of such fatin our body.
Here are the spectrograms of a man with visceral fat.
Of course, we need a small amount of visceral fat, because it provides cushioning for the internal organs. Without it, any shake-up for the body would be disastrous. Therefore, the main issue here – is a measure of visceral fat.
According to doctors, the rate of visceral and subcutaneous body fat should be: in women – 22% of body fat and in men – only 12%. On the average,visceral fat should occupy 10% of the total fat in the body, and subcutaneous fat – 90%.
Now it is necessary to understand how to lose belly fat. It is not that complicated as it seems at first glance. Fortunately, we can lose both of these fats using a range of measures from this article.
How to Lose Belly Fat? Say No to Diets!
We always hear: stop eating and you become thinner. But it’s not quite right…
With a sharp reduction of calories, our body accumulates even more fat at the end of the diet, trying to gain the lost kilos as quickly as possible. The body is not a fool. The question is: how does it learn about the reduction of calories. Everything is very simple. Adipose tissue controls metabolism through the hormone leptin. Its level correlates with fat percentage – the more fat you have, the higher is the amount of leptin.
Leptin – a hormone that gives our brain a signal of saturation – hand in hand cooperates with another hormone – ghrelin – a hormone of starvation. Both of these hormones affect weight.
The secretion of leptin depends on:
- the level of consumed carbohydrates;
- the level of fat in the body.
Therefore, a high level of leptin is observed in obese people and in those who abuse carbohydrates.
Note: In women, the leptin hormone is 2-3 times higher than in men, because they have a smaller amount of muscles and a greater amount of body fat, so it is more difficult for them to lose weight.
After a few weeks of dieting, the cortisol level (a hormone of stress) reaches its maximum and the fat burning process almost stops its functioning, All this leads to weight loss, but at the expense of losing muscles. It is a normal defensive body reaction. Once a diet comes to an end, the body begins to store up fat, putting it in reserve.
How to Lose Belly Fat? Facts and Myths
MYTH. There is only one way how to lose belly fat.
FACT: There is a number of effective methods of how to effectively lose belly fat. Of course, regardless of the type of the abdomen we need to eat right and move a lot. However, a woman that has belly fat after childbirth needs completely different methods than a woman who suffers from excess weight all her life. In the first case belly fat is usually caused by weakened abdominal muscles. With proper excercises the result in the form of a flat stomach will be very fast. In the second case, it may be a genetic predisposition, that requires a different approach and much more time to lose belly fat.
MYTH: Crunches – are the best way to lose belly fat.
FACT: Yes, crunches and other similar exercises are a great way to strengthen your abdominal muscles, which tighten it, make it toned, and keep your internal organs in place. However, it will not reduce body fat in the abdomen. To really lose belly fat we need to include in the plan proper nutrition, body wraps, power, cardio and HIIT workouts and proper hydration of the body.
MYTH: To lose kilos you just need to eat 1-2 times a day and be hungry all day long.
FACT: Choosing the path of a strict diet, you are doomed to failure. Eat properly to see a good result.
MYTH: HIIT and cardio exercises are useless in terms of belly fat reduction.
FACT: These types of training not only burn excess calories and weight faster but also perfectly remove belly fat and help to adhere to proper nutrition. It was scientifically proven that people who are engaged in these programs lose their craving for sweets and start eating more vegetables and fruits. You may find such trainings on our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx63VVmATZtieDY0KYXFlQ.
MYTH: All I need to lose belly fat is to buy fitness equipment.
FACT: Yes, these machines help many people to get up off the couch and start doing something, start forming a slender body. But you should also eat healthy food, drink plenty of water and do other different exercises.
MYTH: The belly is growing due to the fact that you eat a lot.
FACT: Certainly overeating leads to excessive weight, but it is not the only reason. There are other important factors such as stress, smoking, alcohol, etc.
How to Lose Belly Fat
1) A Workout Routine
To tone the abdominal muscles and get rid of belly fat, we need to do special exercises aimed not only at muscles strengthening, but at fat burning as well .
These are the main types of exercise that you need to remove the extra kilos:
- strength exercises;
- cardio – aerobic activity;
- interval training.
- Strength training
There is a slight misconception about belly fat. The cause of a distended abdomen is not in a great amount of fat, but in weakened abdominal muscles, that do not keep our internal organs. It seems to us that there is a huge amount of fat in the belly, but in fact our abdominal muscles are not in good shape. This problem occurs in parous women. The solvation – weight exercises, but in combination with aerobic activity and proper nutrition.
The researchers from San Diego Running Institute (US) provided the list of the best general exercises and excercises for each abdominal muscle group. Here is a Top 3:
- bicycle lying on the back;
- leg raises;
- Swiss ball crunches.
2) Cardio Training-Aerobic Activity
Cardio training is one of the most effective ways to burn calories. But it should be done in a regular basis.
Not many people like running, but you could relax, because there are plenty of other ways to burn calories. Here is a list:
- walking – speed 5-6 km / h, duration 40 minutes, 4-5 times per week;
- jogging – low intensity, duration 35-40 minutes, 2-3 times a week;
- stationary cycling – average intensity, duration 40-45 minutes, 3 times a week;
- bicycle rideing – moderate / average intensity, duration 35-40 minutes, 3 times a week;
- swimming in the pool – high intensity, duration 1 session (40 minutes), 2-3 times a week.
Watch other cardio workouts that you can do at home: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx63VVmATZtieDY0KYXFlQ.
The calorie burning chart below details how many calories you burn doing various activities:
|Activity||Calories Burned Per Hour||Time to Burn 250 Calories|
|Walking(4.5 mph)||400||45 min.|
|Roller Skating, Blading (moderate)||354||45 min.|
|Swimming (crawl, 45 yards/min)||530||30 min.|
|Handball, Racquetball||600||25 min.|
|Tennis (moderate)||425||35 min.|
|Tennis (vigorous)||600||25 min.|
|Jogging (5.5 mph)||650||25 min.|
|Biking (13 mph)||850||18 min|
3) Interval Workouts for Weight Loss
One of the most perspective and fastest ways to burn fat in a short time is interval training. This type of exercise involves an alternation of high and low-intensity exercises. The purpose is to regulate the body’s mode, train firstly at an accelerated pace, and then give the body a chance to recover. An example of interval training is a 5 minutes gentle jogging and a 2-minute sprint with repitition.
Thus, in terms of fat burning, 20 minutes of interval training replaces 40-45 minutes of cycling.
More information about this type of training you can read in our article “The best way to lose weight“.
You may also watch interval excercises on our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx63VVmATZtieDY0KYXFlQ.
4) Rest, Sleep and Recovery for Weight Loss
In spite of workouts, our body needs to recover and store energy reserves, so that you can effectively exercise and feel good throughout the day.
Sleep plays an important role in metabolism and the body’s ability to effectively get rid of fat. Lack of sleep or poor-quality sleep has a negative effect on our physique. In particular, when we sleep less than 7-8 hours a day, our bodies produce fewer amount of leptin, which leads to an increased feeling of hunger.
Note: Sleeping for two nights 2-3 hours less than usual, our body begins to produce 15% less leptin, and 15% more ghrelin.
So sleep for a man, who wants to get rid of belly fat or just look after his figure, is extremely important. However, an overabundance of sleep is also not very good for our body. It should not exceed 8 hours for women and 7 hours for men. In this regard, it is not necessary to sleep longer than usual on a weekend. It will not be good, but on the contrary – will increase the likelihood of weakness of the body throughout the day.
How to Train to Lose Belly Fat?
- The first thing to do before a workout is to air the room where the training will take place. As it is known, oxygen helps to break down fat. To increase your oxygen consumption it is necessary to deeply inhale and exhale when doing exercises.
- You need to breathe correctly when doing exercise. When you make an effort – exhale, and inhale when doing an easy part. Such breathing stimulates the metabolic processes of fat burning, disperses oxygen to all the tissues and cells of the body. The result will be evident from the first days, and you start feeling much better.
- If you want to lose belly fat, it is necessary to choose several sets of exercises and do them regularly. Follow our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx63VVmATZtieDY0KYXFlQ. These excercises will take no more than 15-20 minutes per day. To achieve a greater effect, you can work out your abdominal muscles every day. After all, the abdominal muscles are the only muscles that you can work out every day. 2 weeks later, the load should be increased and a set of exercises must be replaced. Add or enhance the number of sets, as the body adapts to the given load and exercise do not work as effectively as in the beginning. The main thing is constancy! Remember this and you will quickly achieve a positive result.
- To lose belly fat, practice every other day or three times a week. Along with abdominal exercises, add other sets for general weight loss, and for particular muscle groups.
For example, on Monday do a set of exercises for abs, for general weight loss and butt, on Wednesday for abs, for weight loss and legs. You can find such training on this video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx63VVmATZtieDY0KYXFlQ. These workouts are a combination of interval training and strength exercises aimed at intense fat burning. As a result, they help to get rid of fat faster and instantly increase metabolism. Also, these workouts have a post-training effect, they continue to intensively burn fat within 24-33 hours after you’ve trained. They will give you excellent results from the first days.
How to Lose Belly Fat with the Help of Anti-Cellulite Creams and Body Wraps at Home
Many people neglect anti-cellulite creams and wraps in vain. Of course, just the use of creams or gels will not give you a stunning effect, but in combination with a proper diet and exercise they can help to fight with obnoxious fat. In fact, wraps are very effective. They stimulate fat burning and tighten the skin. The most common and popular wraps are coffee, chocolate and seaweed wraps. You may also use an anti-cellulite cream or tonic for weight loss, which can be made at home of such a simple product like coffee.
To make an anti-cellulite cream for burning belly fat we need:
- natural ground coffee (2 tbsp);
- olive oil (1-2 tbsp);
- water (1 tbsp).
Optionally, you can supplement the recipe and add 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of salt.
Coffee must be mixed with water to form a paste, then add oil (about 1-2 tablespoons) and mix thoroughly. Apply this mix to the abdomen and wrap yourself in 1-2 warm blankets. The procedure should last for 1 hour. During this time, the fat burning processes are activated, and excess fluid and some fat are removed from the body. Do the course of 10-15 procedures every 3 days. Soon you will see the result. The skin will become much softer and tauter, and one by one your centimeters will go away from the abdomen.
It was the first part of our article. Share it with friends on social networks and subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx63VVmATZtieDY0KYXFlQ.
The second part of the article you may read following this link: How to Lose Belly Fat? Part 2: Nutrition for a Flat Belly and Slender Body.