This butt workout routine will help you make your glutes strong, beautiful, rounded, lifted and tight. This routine is comprised of 9 best exercises to engage your glutes and leg muscles as well. Strong glutes and hamstrings can help to improve posture, alleviate lower back, hip and knee pain, reduce bone density loss and even eliminate that stubborn abdominal pooch.
Isn’t it a good reason to start doing these exercises? Moreover, muscles burn more calories at rest than fat does, increasing lean muscle mass via butt exercises can accelerate fat loss and help to keep it off. The great news is that you can forget about the gym, each exercise you can perform right at home without any bulky equipment! Be sure that these exercises help you to be toned and healthy in no time.
Butt Toning Workout Routine
Muscles engaged: hamstrings, posterior group of thigh muscles, glutes
- Starting position – stand with feet wider than shoulder width, toes deployed to the side. Body weight on the heels;
- Taps pelvis back, then bend your knees. Flex waist. Keep your back straight during the entire exercise. The pelvis goes slightly below the knee;
- As you exhale, return to the starting position.
2. Side Lunges
Muscles engaged: hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes
- In a wider-than-shoulder-width stance, shift your weight to one leg and bend the knee until the thigh is parallel with the floor;
- Then return to the starting position and repeat for 5 reps, then switch legs;
3. Side Lying Leg Lifts
Muscles engaged: hamstrings, quads, obliques, abs, glutes
- Starting position – lie down on your side, and use your hand to support your head;
- Quickly lift your leg up and slowly bring it back down. Keep your feet flexed. Don’t point your toes. Try to lift your leg as high as possible;
4. Advanced Side Lying Leg Swings
Muscles engaged: hamstrings, quads, glutes
- Starting position – lie on your side, and use your hand to support your upper part of the body. The right leg is in front of you, the knee bent;
- The left leg is off the floor and you push it back and forth for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
5. Half Circles
Muscles engaged: hamstrings, quads, abs, glutes
- Come down onto your hands and knees. Your hands are directly underneath your shoulders, shoulder-width apart. Your knees are directly underneath your hips, hip width apart. Extend your right leg straight, with a flexed foot, and out to the right side. It should be outside of your hip. Start with your foot tap the floor;
- Now lift the leg up to the sky and circle it up and over to the left, crossing it over your left leg. Tap the floor with your foot and then lift it back up and over to the right. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs;
6. Butt Lift (Bridge)
Muscles engaged: glutes, hamstrings
- Starting position – lie flat on the floor on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width;
- Pushing mainly your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight. Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for several seconds;
- Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
7. Feet Together, Knees Apart
Muscles engaged: quads, calves, hamstrings, abs
- Starting position – lie flat on your back with feet and knees together. Place your hands near your sides;
- Keep your feet together and your knees apart. Return to the starting position. Do this exercise for 30 seconds;
8. Butt Stretch
Muscles engaged: glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, abs
- Starting Position: Lie flat on your back and bend both knees. Cross one leg over the other so your foot is on the opposite knee;
- Bring both knees towards your chest and gently pull the uncrossed leg towards you until you feel a stretch in your buttock. Do 10 reps and switch legs;
9. Leg Stretch
Muscles engaged: quads, hamstrings, calves, abs
- Place your right foot in front of you;
- Lean your torso forward toward the extended right leg;
- Slowly flex your right ankle so that your toes are pulling up toward your body;
- Repeat the leaning movements for 20 reps, then switch legs;
This butt toning workout routine is extremely beneficial for your glutes and legs. You will have a rounded, lifted and beautiful butt and shaped legs if you do these exercises regularly! Later on, spend more time doing each exercise in order to achieve the best results.
You don’t need much space or any bulky equipment for these exercises, you may perform them right at home. Do not forget to do other workout routines to engage other muscles of your body. Make yourself and your body happy.