Dessert is the last and sometimes the best thing in holiday meal. At least it should be. But there are so many calories in desserts! And sometimes it is better and easier to refuse treating yourself. But you can… choose low-calorie desserts! And then you will not only feel the satiety and satisfaction, you will not be ashamed for overeating. Find the recipes of low calorie desserts in this article.
1. Fruits with chocolate sauce
200 g of dark chocolate
200 g of cocoa cream
150 g of winter cherry
70 g of nuts mix (walnut and cashew)
1 pack of vanilla sugar
- For chocolate sauce stir and heat cocoa cream with vanilla sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Break chocolate, add its pieces to the cocoa mix, stir and boil on a low heat. When the chocolate start melting, take everything away from the heat. Let the chocolate to melt completely, stir and put aside;
- Meanwhile, fruits should be cold, out of freezer. Rinse lemon, and squeeze lemon juice. Peel pear, dice, pour with lemon juice and add the lemon rind;
- Peel orange. Using a sharp knife, cut out the skin with white part so that the pulp is seen. Separate the segments of the orange fillet;
- Pull winter cherry from its shell, cut every berry in half. Peel bananas and slice;
- Mix all the fruits, put them into drinking bowls, pour with chocolate sauce, add nuts and serve with orange shaving.
2. Caramel apples
120 g of sugar
250 g of fresh apples
100 g of rice starch
150 g of vegetable oil
1 tsp of white sesame seeds
- Peel apples, dice, roll them under starch;
- Heat oil, fry the apples for 2-3 minutes, pull them out using skimmer and put them onto a paper towel to get rid of excess oil;
- Pour sugar into a clean frying pan, let it melt in a mid-heat, add apples. Stir and fry for 3 minutes;
- Add sesame seeds and stir, in order them to spread evenly over the apples;
- Serve on the plate.
3 Pineapple with ice-cream
2 tsp of sugar powder
1 tsp of butter
2 tsp of rum
400 g of ice-cream
- Peel pineapple and slice. Cut out the middle;
- Cover the ring slices with sugar powder and fry on both sides on heated butter. Sprinkle with rum or liquor;
- Cover the top with a ball of ice-cream.
4. Jelly watermelon
1 glass of red dry wine
2 kg watermelon
5 tsp of gelatin
Fruits and berries (peaches, apricots, pears, grapes, cherry, strawberry)
2 glasses of sugar
- Rinse watermelon properly, cut in half and remove the pulp. The inside walls of the watermelon should be as smooth as possible. Boil the water in a big pot. Hold every half of the watermelon over the steam for 4-5 minutes (insides looking down);
- Rub the pulp to a bowl;
- Wash and dry fruits. Remove all the seeds from cherries, apricots and peaches. Peel pears and apples, cut them into 4 parts and remove the middle. Dice the fruits (every morsel cherry-sized);
- Make sugar syrup from 1 glass of sugar and half-liter of water. Lower the fruits into this syrup by portions, boil for 2 minutes (keep the fruits from falling apart). Pull the fruits out with skimmer;
- Soak gelatin in some warm boiled water. Add the rubbed watermelon pulp, the rest of the sugar and cinnamon to the other fruits. Bring to boil and keep cooking for 2-3 minutes. Pass through a sieve, let it cool down and add the swollen gelatin;
- Place the fruits into the halves of melon. Pour with the rest of syrup and place them in cold. When the syrup is frozen a little bit, add another portion of fruits and cover with the syrup. Place it in cold again. When you fill both halves of the watermelon, cover them with nutritional film and place them in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Slice frozen jelly and serve.
5. Raspberry and chocolate jelly
1 orange rind
8 g of gelatin
180 g of dark chocolate
5 tsp of sugar
6 g of gelatin
200 g of raspberry
2 tsp of orange or raspberry liquor
- Sink gelatin into 6 tsp of water. Keep some berries for the topping. The rest blend together;
- Pour sugar with 0.5 of water in a deep stewing pan, heat until the sugar is completely dissolved;
- Add it to the raspberry puree, stir;
- Let it cool down, pour liquor, stir one more time, pour into glasses and place in freezer.
- Sink gelatin in 8 tsp of water. Grind orange rind. Melt chocolate on a water bath (it should NOT dissolve completely);
- Heat 250 ml of water, add gelatin, dissolve, add it to the melted chocolate together with the rind, stir and let it cool down.
Pour the chocolate mass over the raspberry jelly, let it freeze completely (2-24 hours). Serve cold, dressed with raspberries and mint leaves.