This six best ab workout routine is extremely effective for those women who want to lose belly fat. The routine comprises the most effective exercises to engage the abdominal muscles and shape up your sides with your legs. You are not likely to experience any difficulty while doing these exercises. In order to achieve the best results, you are recommended to do these exercises in combination with other workouts.
Abs exercises are known to increase the strength and endurance of the abdominal muscles. Besides, they are effective at providing stability to the core. These exercises may help you to avoid potential pain in your lower back in the future. They involve not only the abdominal muscles but other muscle groups such as obliques, quads, deltoids, hamstrings. Be sure that these exercises will help you to become stronger and healthier.
Abs Workout Routine
1. Air Bike
Muscles engaged: abs, hamstrings, thighs, oblique
This exercise is one of the best exercises to deal with oblique muscles.
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. You will need to put your hands beside your head. Now lift your shoulders into the crunch position;
- Bring knees up to where they are perpendicular to the floor, with your lower legs parallel to the floor;
- Now simultaneously, slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg and bringing in the knee of the left leg. Bring your right elbow close to your left knee by crunching to the side, as you breathe out;
- Go back to the initial position as you breathe in;
- Crunch to the opposite side as you cycle your legs and bring closer your left elbow to your right knee and exhale;
- Continue alternating in this manner until all of the recommended repetitions for each side have been completed.
Try to touch your knees with elbows as high and close as possible.
2. Leg Lifts
Muscles engaged: abs, quads, hamstrings
This exercise is good for the rectus abdominis.
- Starting position – lie on your back with your arms next to your sides;
- Raise two legs simultaneously making 90 degree angle and lower your legs;
- Repeat these movements during 30 seconds.
Try to keep your legs straight, but your knees may be bent slightly.
3. Bicycle Crunches
Muscles engaged: abs, quads, hamstrings
- Lay on your back pressed to the ground lift your shoulders into the crunch position;
- One leg is up and bent, one leg is down and straight;
- Now simultaneously, slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg and bringing in the knee of the left leg and raise your upper part of the body and lower it.
You need to put your hands beside your head.
4. Seated Side Rotation
Muscles engaged: abs, obliques
- Starting position – in a seated position, keep your arms bent behind you;
- Rotate your upper part of the body to the left and then to the right.
Do rotation movements as fast as you can.
5. Cat Stretch
Muscles engaged: lower back, middle back, traps, abs
This exercise is extremely effective if you want to have a slim waist.
- Position yourself on the floor on your hands and knees;
- Pull your belly in and round your spine, lower back, shoulders, and neck, letting your head drop;
- Hold for several seconds.
6. Mountain Climbers
Muscles engaged: shoulders, biceps, triceps, obliques, abs, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip adductors
- Starting position – assume a press up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms;
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles;
- Lift your right foot off the floor and raise your knee as close to your opposite elbow as you can;
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg.
To achieve a better result, raise your knees as fast as you can.
This is a wonderful workout routine, which helps getting rid of belly fat, and make your waist slim. You should do these exercises to lose your belly and side fat three times a week for at least two weeks. You do not have to go to the gym and use special equipment. You can do these ab workouts right at home. Happy body channel guarantees you will notice fantastic results in two-three weeks after starting. Do not forget to do additional abs exercises and other workouts to achieve the best results. Make yourself and your body happy.