Healthy eating is nothing but consuming food that provides growth, development and normal human activity. Healthy diet in combination with regular physical activity reduces the risk of chronic diseases and disorders such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer. Modern science conducts numerous studies to optimize diets to prevent major chronic diseases. The first full-scale study, confirming that a healthy diet can greatly reduce problems, related to cardiovascular disease, obesity and diabetes, was the project “North Karelia”, launched in Finland in 1973. Over 35 years in the North Karelia region mortality from cardiovascular disease decreased in 7 times. This result was the basis for a pan-European Strategy on Health 2020.
The main changes, that brought the North Karelia project to such a result:
- smoking cessation;
- changes in the population diet;
- reduction of butter consumption by 80%;
- increase in oil consumption;
- consumption of low-fat dairy products;
- increasing consumption of vegetables and fruits;
- changes in the recipes of traditional dishes and teaching natives to new techniques of cooking (no frying, baking and decoction)
The basic principles of healthy eating were widely promoted by Hiromi Shinya in his works about healthy life.
Hiromi Shinya – a famous Japanese doctor, gastroenterologist and surgeon, the author of several best-selling books dedicated to a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrition programs, outlined by Hiromi Shinya in his book “Living without Disease: A Miracle Enzyme Determines Life” helped Kelvin Kline, Sting, Dustin Hoffman, former Japanese Prime Minister Nakasone, Nobel Prize winner Leona Esaki, and many other patients. For forty years of his medical practice, he had not written a single certificate of death, although he had to treat even cancer patients!
First of all, you need to get rid of destructive health habits, and to revise the conventional recommendations on a healthy lifestyle. According to the research by Hiromi Shinya, the earlier a person starts eating animal products, the earlier he starts getting ill. The doctor pays a particular attention to milk. It contains oxidized fats that multiply the number of harmful bacteria in the intestine and thereby harm its microflora. As a consequence, free radicals and toxins such as hydrogen sulfide and ammonia are formed in the colon. So, milk stimulates not only different types of allergies, but also more serious diseases, which increasingly affect children (leukemia, diabetes).
- A correlation between vegetarian food and meat: 85-90% to 10-15%;
- Cereals should make up about 50% of the diet, fruits and vegetables – 35-40%, meat – 10-15%;
- Grains should be eaten unpeeled;
- Fish, of a lower temperature than the human body, is more preferable than meat;
- Fresh, not processed products (possibly in-kind) are useful;
- It is necessary to limit the consumption of milk and dairy products (for people prone to allergies or lactose intolerant, it is better to completely exclude diary products);
- You should avoid margarine and fried food;
- It is necessary to chew food thoroughly and try to eat small portions.
They say – “Habit is stronger than genes”. It is true, healthy eating habits make it possible “to rewrite” our genes.
Drink water one hour before a meal
It is better to drink water in the morning, immediately after waking up, and 1 hour before each meal – this is the best way to satisfy the body’s need for water. For thirty minutes, water moves from the stomach into the intestine, and thus does not violate the digestion process.
- 500-700 milliliters in the morning on an empty stomach;
- 500 milliliters an hour before breakfast;
- 500 milliliters an hour before lunch.
In winter, drink slightly heated water, with small sips, so to not cool the body. Enzymes are active at a temperature of maximum 36-40 ° C, and the increase of temperature for every 0.5 degree means increase of enzyme activity by 35%. That is why the patient usually has a fever: our organism increases body temperature to activate the enzyme. Moreover, those who drink not enough water, get sick more often. To be accustomed to drink plenty of clean, good water – is a great way to become healthier. Water moistens the surface of the bronchial tubes and the gastric mucosa, the stomach and intestines (the area most exposed to attacks by bacteria and viruses), enhancing their protective properties. When the body lacks water, the mucous membranes dehydrate and dry. Then phlegm and mucus adheres to the walls of the respiratory tract, becoming a fertile ground for bacteria and viruses.
Water is a part of not only blood but also lymph. If the blood vessels are comparable with rivers, the lymphatic vessels may be called the body’s sewer pipes. They perform an important function of cleaning, filtration and excretion of protein and digestive waste with water. The lymphatic vessels contain gamma-globulins (protective antibodies), and the lysozyme enzyme, which has antibacterial properties. Normal functioning of the immune system without clean, good water is simply unthinkable. It is very important to obtain liquid in the form of pure water. The fact is, that such beverages as tea, coffee, cola, beer and so forth, contain substances (sugar, food additives, caffeine, alcohol), that draw water from the blood and cells. They thicken blood and dehydrate the body.
Note: TEA (green or black, Chinese or English) leads to atrophic changes in the stomach and cause chronic gastritis.
Going vegetarian can make you younger!
- Meat does not multiply vital energy. Meat accelerates the aging process;
- Daily rate of protein (meat, fish) is about 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight. A person with the weight of sixty kilograms needs just 60 grams of animal protein per day;
- Do you drink a lot of milk? Get ready to allergies and osteoporosis;
- The earlier a person starts eating animal products, the earlier he starts getting ill;
- ALL MEDICATIONS at some extent are poisonous. The faster the action of the drug, the more toxic it is.
Thus, drinking a lot of water and keeping to the Mediterranean diet (sea food prevailing), or going vegetarian is more healthy and leads to longer life with fewer body disfunctions.